Thursday, May 30, 2013

Other tidbits

We have been talking about vowels and why they are different from other letters in the alphabet,  and have learned that a vowel is in every word.

Book making - the kids are really enjoying the writing Center and I am amazed at the books they are creating.

Making 10 - rainbow 10.   We did a neat little activity using a rainbow to make ten.  It was a good visual demonstration and the kids did well at forming the numbers properly.

Assessments-  I am busy meeting with each kinder and letting them show me that they are demonstrating the different kindergarten outcomes that are to be met at the end of the year.   I am also meeting and doing reading assessments on each child,  and wow do we have some little readers!  A big pat on the back to those parents who work with their child on home reading,  your efforts are greatly noted,  thank you!

I hope to have these wrapped up in the next week, and then get report cards done,  so it may be a quiet couple weeks on the blog.  Please never hesitate to contact me At the school or home via phone or email if you have any questions or concerns.

Mrs.k







No comments:

Post a Comment