Saturday, November 24, 2012

Christmas Concert etc......

The school's Christmas concert will be on December 19th.  Both of our kinder classes will be doing a performance, prior to the gr 1 - 4' s Musical.
 
Before I go out and buy any supplies I thought I would check with our great parents :)
 
Call for volunteers and donations...
1. Christmas Tree
December is coming up fast! I would like to set up a Christmas tree in our room for the Kinder's to decorate - rather than buying one does anyone have an extra Christmas tree they can let us borrow for the month?
2. Cardboard boxes
I have been looking and found the perfect Christmas concert performance for each class to do! If anyone has cardboard boxes they can supply, donate, or ask around for it would be greatly appreciated. The boxes need to be big enough for the kids to wear. We will need 22 boxes. I will call and see If I can get local grocery stores to donate some boxes.
3. Large cardboard sheets
We also need cardboard to make large Christmas tree ornaments out of. The kids will be holding these up over their faces/ bodies during the concert - to look like ornaments.
4.  Flashlights ( any size)
If anyone can borrow us one -  we need 21 in total. 
5. Parents to cut cardboard
Volunteers to help cut head and arm holes in the boxes, as well as cut ornament shapes from the cardboard, with a hole for the kids face, as well as if any parents would like to come in for an afternoon and help us paint/ decorate our cardboard.
 
I will not give away details of our performances :)....  that will remain a SURPRISE for our concert - although kids may be practising at home a bit !!
 
Please email me, or send a note in your child's BEAR book if you are able to help out :)
I'm sooo  excited !
Mrs. K
lkonsorada@rrsd.mb.ca
 

No comments:

Post a Comment