Saturday, April 6, 2013

Tusen Takk (. A thousand thanks in Norwegian)

I still have a little bit of of my Norwegian language skills left from my couple of years living there...
And it fit's perfectly for this occasion and the gratitude I feel for all the great kinder parents.

The kids are buzzing with excitement and were so engaged in the idea of raising Money for others who do not have all their basic needs met - they really " got" it, and it was magical to be a part of.

Thank you parents for being so forthcoming, it was a very valuable experience for the kinder's who enjoyed making their own labels for the baking, as well as deciding on costs. ( there was a couple items labeled at 900 $ :). The Minnedosa paper also stopped by and took some pictures, so watch for them next week!

The school is well on it's way to reaching its goal - thanks to you. The bake sale raised 350$. I told the kids I wold post it on the blog for them.

Next week LSIN is putting on the toy sale, which we will be visiting in per 6 on Monday for the even class and Tuesday for the odd class.

Have a great weekend! I am off to celebrate my grandmother's 80th birthday, and will post some pictures when I return tomorrow.

Again, thank you!
Mrs. K

No comments:

Post a Comment